About Twain ElementaryMark Twain Elementary School
opened in 1956. After 40 years of serving thousands of students, the school needed a renovation. Wear and tear was apparent and the outside hallways and classroom entrances were exposed to inclement weather. In 1996, Pasco voters told the district to remodel the school and equip it for current and future educational needs. During the 15-month rebuild, Twain students and staff set up a temporary school in the “old” Emerson building. Twain was rededicated on November 30, 1999, precisely 43 years after the school’s initial dedication and 164 years after the birth of author Mark Twain, the school’s namesake.
Visit Twain Elementary's Website